Recipe: Gluten-free burger buns & pizza bases - Blog
A stand out food that people miss the most when they move to a gluten-free diet is, bread. There are some nice gluten-free breads that you can buy, but they are very expensive. Below are two variations of bread recipes to ensure that your gluten-free diet is not making you miss out on your favourite meals – pizza and burgers of course! Gluten-Free Pizza Base Ingredients; Oil/Oil Spray 300g gluten-free self-raising flour (available at most supermarkets) 2 eggs, beaten lightly 100ml cold water 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs (optional) Method;
- Heat oven to 200°C. Spray/smear a round pizza tray or stone with oil.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, mix well.
- Shape dough into 1 or 2 balls. Place a piece of non-stick baking paper on top and use a rolling pin to shape and flatten dough.
- Top with your favourite pizza ingredients and put in oven for 10-15 minutes until base is crisp and toppings are cooked to your liking.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl (using only 1 cup of the water).
- Combine the flours, yeast, gelatine, xanthan gum, onion powder, salt, and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and beat for 2 minutes. Add more water if it is too dry (the dough should be very soft and sticky).
- Spoon into 10-12 greased English muffin rings for
- Let it rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 210°C for about 15 minutes. Or until the top is nicely browned/golden.
About the Author
We use a variety of authors from both naturopathic and medical backgrounds. We also have in house researchers that compile the latest information into an easily digestible format.
Write a comment
Ready to get started?
Take our questionnaire to see what products are right for you.TAKE THE QUESTIONNAIRE
Resveratrol and your immune system March 19, 2020
LifeMax NR™ – A new way of thinking March 4, 2020
Recipe: Gluten-free burger buns & pizza bases April 15, 2020
Carrot Ginger Turmeric Juice: anti-inflammatory & immune boosting February 3, 2020
30+ Interesting Health Facts: Green Tea, Guavas & Saunas July 29, 2020
Omega-3s can lower the risk of stroke July 29, 2020
How do you choose the best oils for the kitchen? July 29, 2020
The powerhouse coenzyme! June 24, 2020
It's cold, but don't let that stop you! June 17, 2020