Recipe: Gluten-free burger buns & pizza bases - Blog
A stand out food that people miss the most when they move to a gluten-free diet is, bread. There are some nice gluten-free breads that you can buy, but they are very expensive. Below are two variations of bread recipes to ensure that your gluten-free diet is not making you miss out on your favourite meals – pizza and burgers of course! Gluten-Free Pizza Base Ingredients; Oil/Oil Spray 300g gluten-free self-raising flour (available at most supermarkets) 2 eggs, beaten lightly 100ml cold water 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs (optional) Method;
- Heat oven to 200°C. Spray/smear a round pizza tray or stone with oil.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, mix well.
- Shape dough into 1 or 2 balls. Place a piece of non-stick baking paper on top and use a rolling pin to shape and flatten dough.
- Top with your favourite pizza ingredients and put in oven for 10-15 minutes until base is crisp and toppings are cooked to your liking.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl (using only 1 cup of the water).
- Combine the flours, yeast, gelatine, xanthan gum, onion powder, salt, and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and beat for 2 minutes. Add more water if it is too dry (the dough should be very soft and sticky).
- Spoon into 10-12 greased English muffin rings for
- Let it rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 210°C for about 15 minutes. Or until the top is nicely browned/golden.
About the Author
We use a variety of authors from both naturopathic and medical backgrounds. We also have in house researchers that compile the latest information into an easily digestible format.
Write a comment
Ready to get started?
Take our questionnaire to see what products are right for you.TAKE THE QUESTIONNAIRE
Carrot Ginger Turmeric Juice: anti-inflammatory & immune boosting February 3, 2020
25 Health Benefits of Pine Bark Extract February 3, 2020
New Zealand’s soil lacks 3 essential minerals – are you deficient? February 12, 2018
Plant Power September 6, 2021
Natural vs OTC pain relief August 11, 2021
Hydration over 50 vital for good health August 11, 2021
Pineapples, more than just a tropical fruit! June 7, 2021