Recipe: Gluten-free burger buns & pizza bases - Blog
A stand out food that people miss the most when they move to a gluten-free diet is, bread. There are some nice gluten-free breads that you can buy, but they are very expensive. Below are two variations of bread recipes to ensure that your gluten-free diet is not making you miss out on your favourite meals – pizza and burgers of course! Gluten-Free Pizza Base Ingredients; Oil/Oil Spray 300g gluten-free self-raising flour (available at most supermarkets) 2 eggs, beaten lightly 100ml cold water 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs (optional) Method;
- Heat oven to 200°C. Spray/smear a round pizza tray or stone with oil.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, mix well.
- Shape dough into 1 or 2 balls. Place a piece of non-stick baking paper on top and use a rolling pin to shape and flatten dough.
- Top with your favourite pizza ingredients and put in oven for 10-15 minutes until base is crisp and toppings are cooked to your liking.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl (using only 1 cup of the water).
- Combine the flours, yeast, gelatine, xanthan gum, onion powder, salt, and sugar in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients and beat for 2 minutes. Add more water if it is too dry (the dough should be very soft and sticky).
- Spoon into 10-12 greased English muffin rings for
- Let it rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 210°C for about 15 minutes. Or until the top is nicely browned/golden.
April 15, 2020 Categories: Recipes