Homemade Kombucha Tea Recipe - Blog
- 1 SCOBY
- 8 tea bags (type of tea bag is your choice!)
- 1 cup sugar (organic granulated white sugar works well!)
- 1 gallon of water
- 1 gallon Mason jar
- 1 cloth
- Boil 64 Oz of water (8 cups) in a large pot.
- Add the 8 tea bags and allow to steep for 20 minutes – then remove the tea bags.
- Add 1 cup of sugar and stir well.
- Allow the tea to come to room temperature and pour into a clean one-gallon mason jar.
- Add 64 Oz (8 cups) more water to the jar and place the scoby into the jar.
- Cover with a piece of cloth, and secure with a rubber band.
- Allow the homemade kombucha to ferment in a dark place (e.g. the pantry) for 7-14 days. The fermentation time will vary depending on your location, your scoby and how sweet or sour you want the homemade kombucha. Sample by moving the scoby aside and taking a little out with a clean spoon. After this time, your tea may be slightly carbonated and will be unflavoured (only tea-flavoured). You may drink the homemade kombucha tea then or do a second fermentation - this time adding different fruits of your choice for flavour and more carbonation.
February 16, 2017 Categories: Recipes
Write a comment
Ready to get started?
Take our questionnaire to see what products are right for you.TAKE THE QUESTIONNAIRE
LifeMax NR™ – A new way of thinking March 4, 2020
Resveratrol and your immune system March 19, 2020
4 Antioxidant Feijoa Smoothie Recipes You Need to Try February 3, 2020